We believe that parent communication and parent participation helps each child to grow and develop to their fullest potential.
Ways to communicate with your child’s educator : face-to face during morning drop off and evening pick up, call the office (514) 932-9137, email the centre firstname.lastname@example.org
Narnia uses ClassDojo to document activities, events, experiences and to share moments of learning with parents.
A number of resources have been put together for new and returning Narnia parents. Please become familiar with these documents and refer to them regularly.
Narnia takes great pride in the organization of events for its community. These include, gatherings at the park, a sing along, family literacy day, a small art exhibit and we encourage parents to participate and share with us their skills and expertise. As events are scheduled, the details will be provided to parents. Our Group events happen in support of the children’s interests and investigations and will be shared on ClassDojo at the time.
Please see the Family Events listed below
- September : Friends and Freezies! – A Welcome Event In the Park
- October : Harvest Festival – A Park Event with pumpkins and muffins
- December : Holiday Sing-a-long
- January : Family Literacy Day – A Family Event inviting family members to share books and stories
- April/May : Springtime in the Park – A Family Event in the park with afternoon snack
- May : Art Exhibit – with a Viewing Event
- June : Breakfast in the Park – A Family Event with morning treats
- June : Graduation for Group C
Other annual Affairs
- September : Annual General Assembly: Is held each year and all parents are encouraged to attend and to meet the Board of Directors
- November : Group A/B/C Parent-Educator Meetings. Parents meet with educators to discuss their child’s development. Should the need arise, the educators and director is available for additional meetings throughout the school year.
- May : Group A/B/C Parent-Educator Meetings. Parents meet with educators to discuss their child’s development. Should the need arise, the educators and director is available for additional meetings throughout the school year.
Links for Parents
Meeting Early Childhood Needs https://www.mfa.gouv.qc.ca/fr/publication/Documents/programme_educatif.pdf
Gazelle and Pumpkin https://www.mfa.gouv.qc.ca/fr/publication/Documents/guide-gazelle-pumpkin.pdf
Have a Ball Together https://haveaballtogether.ca/
Caring for Kids https://caringforkids.cps.ca/
Naître et grandir https://naitreetgrandir.com/en/feature/
Ministère de la Famille https://www.mfa.gouv.qc.ca/fr/services-de-garde/cpe-garderies/programme-educatif/programme-educatif/Pages/index.aspx
Canada’sFood Guide https://food-guide.canada.ca/en/
Encyclopedia of Early Childhood Development https://www.child-encyclopedia.com/family
Le développement de l’enfant au quotidien – de 0 à 6 ans – Francine Ferland https://www.editions-chu-sainte-justine.org/media/livre/document/253_Tableau_syntheIse_Dev_06ans.pdf
Westmount Public Library https://westlib.org/iguana/www.main.cls?p=*&v=c7e3f585-ec83-4176-ad89-8d9fc21e4d8b#contentitem=a10a220e-2d14-45ca-b0c8-2c6b8ac44689^1
Fostering Second Language Acquisition https://www.narnia.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/BilingualMythsandFactsEnglishinfographic.pdf